News Result For Fredericksburg Va Things To Do
Commanders training camp may not return to RichmondYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
‘Otter-ly Amazing’ campaign is underway in FredericksburgYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Fredericksburg-based Aspetto helping supply UkraineYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Kaine hears about ongoing nursing shortage, supply chain problemsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
FBI agent-pastor starts Bible study, plants churchYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
GMU students hope bee honey will help find human remainsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Alpha Motorsports FredericksburgYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
One on one: Dylan MajorYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
The Record Delta
Virginia Woman’s Website Helps Parents Assess Library BooksYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
U.S. News & World Report
Virginia’s oldest bank enters a new marketYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Forging a future – Blacksmithing nonprofit aims to help veteransYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Things To Do With Kids In Fredericksburg Tx
- TripBuzz found 33 things to do with kids in or near Fredericksburg, Texas, including 19 fun activities for kids in nearby cities within 25 miles like Kerrville, Comfort and Boerne.
- From National Museum of the Pacific War to Wildseed Farms, the Fredericksburg area offers 49 different types of family activities, including: Theaters, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Historic Sites and Military Museums.
- Known as the peach capital of Texas, Fredericksburg boasts a variety of agri-tourism with crops including lavender, herb farms, and wildflower seeds. Fredericksburg is a popular destination for tourists who enjoy wineries, bed and breakfasts, antiquing, boutique shops, day spas and walking lavender trails. Of course, there are lively entertainment options as well, with many opportunities to enjoy live music, dance clubs, and gourmet food.
More Things To Do In Fredericksburg Tx With Kids
Fredericksburg is ever-growing in popularity which is largely due to the expansion of the 290 Wine Trail, sometimes referred to as the 290 Wine Road. The fact that Texas wine is delicious isnt a secret anymore and that is drawing in more and more visitors. Heres a list of things to do in Fredericksburg that I havent had a chance to experience firsthand yet that are on my list of things to do for our next trip.
You May Like: Fun Free Things To Do In Syracuse Ny
Bat Viewing At Old Tunnel State Park
From May to October, guests to Old Tunnel State Park can watch bats who live in the abandoned railroad tunnel for which the park is named. The tunnel is home to an estimated three million bats. Check the website for info on bat viewing and how to obtain a ticket. The park is open during the day for hiking and picnicking but guests must have a dedicated bat viewing ticket to be in the park after 5 pm.
Fun Things To Do In Fredericksburg Va
A. Smith Bowman Distillery in Fredericksburg is Virginia’s oldest distillery and is located just outside of downtown. This award-winning spirit maker offers free guided tours of their facility with a tasting at the end for those 21+.
In addition, visitors will learn about the history of the company, the distilling process, and the building itself.
Before you leave, don’t forget to stop at the gift shop! They also sell and make gin, vodka, and rum that you can purchase on-site as a gift or for yourself. This attraction in Fredericksburg, VA, is sure to excite everyone in your group!
Don’t Miss: Things To Do July 4th Boston
Activities And Family Activities
With so many great things to see and do, there is no shortage of adventure and things to do for you and your family. Whether youre stopping in for a quick overnight visit or plan on staying for several weeks there are many things to do in Fredericksburg. Enjoy a family day out in Fredericksburg, with different things to do whatever the weather. Explore the adventure at world-class, coaster-packed theme parks, or water parks.Theres so many opportunities to get outside and exercise, whether its cycling, walking, Fredericksburg is a haven for local people or visitors looking for something exciting to do with friends and family. Take a look at different things to do regardless of season or budget.
Family Friendly Things To Do In Fredericksburg:
1. Stop at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center on Caroline Street and pick up tickets, tours, and information. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and has tons of takeaway information. Make sure to grab a seasonal chart with top spots to visit, admission hours, admission fees, and other pertinent information. The Center also has more in depth information, brochures, and souvenirs. The Center sells tickets for guided tours and Timeless Tickets, which I highly recommend for substantial savings if you plan on visiting multiple spots on this list. There are restrooms on site. Visitor Centers are also located on Southpoint Parkway and Falmouth .
2. Smell dozens of ointments, medicines, and potions used by Dr. Hugh Mercer at his Apothecary Shop. Dr. Mercer provided medical treatment for many of the locals, including Mary Washington. A guide explains how the various flowers, vegetables, and animal and fish parts are used to cure various diseases and ailments. The main floor also includes the doctors office and an exhibit room. The upstairs powder room and bedroom are self guided and not handicap accessible. Tours take 30 minutes and the museum has no restrooms or handicap accessibility
Staying Local: We always stay at Marriott properties and found the Courtyard Fredericksburg to be accommodating and in the perfect location. We walked to most of these locations and the hotel is surrounded by dozens of dining options.
Recommended Reading: Mystic Ct Visitors Guide
Science Mill In Johnson City
The Science Mill in Johnson City is about 30 miles from downtown Fredericksburg but it is an easy, scenic drive. Once a steam grist mill and cotton gin, its a present-day forum for science exploration. All exhibits are hands-on and most are indoors, making this one of our family favorites during the summer . But dont miss the backyard exhibits.
It took us about four hours to thoroughly explore and make a pit stop for some eats at Lady Bird Lane Café, which has fresh locally sourced food.
Science Mill admission is $11 for adults, and $9.50 for kids 3-17. Seniors are $9.00 and children 0-2 are free. They also offer a military discount: half-price admission for any active or retired service member and up to three other family members with a valid military ID.
~things To Do And See In Fredericksburg~
- Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military ParkFredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Wilderness, and Spotsylvania–this is America’s battleground, where the Civil War roared to its bloody climax.Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park
- Golf ClubsWhether you’re visiting Fredericksburg for business or recreation, make a round of golf one of your top prioritiesGolf Clubs
- Fredericksburg Area MuseumHoused in historic Town Hall/Market House , FAMs missionto collect, research, interpret, teach and preserve the history of the regionFredericksburg Area Museum
- Gyms and Fitness ClubsFitness clubs in Fredericksburg are open for everybody and are waiting for you to get in shapeGyms and Fitness Clubs
- Experience Virginias Oldest and Most Award Winning Distillery!A. Smith Bowman Distillery
- Theme ParksWith a great variety of attractions and days out to choose from, Fredericksburg has no shortage of kids clubs, activity centres and educational groupsTheme Parks
- CyclingFredericksburg has an environment ranging from urban to rural, and has several local and national routes for cyclistsCycling
- BoxingBeing punched over and over is not a very healthy pursuit, but if you can avoid being hit too often, training for boxing provides an effective workoutBoxing
Recommended Reading: Kid Fun Cleveland Ohio
Memorialize The Heroes At Kirkland Monument
In the middle of the night at the Battle of Fredericksburg, young Confederate soldier Richard Kirkland brought water to his wounded foes. Later known as “The Angel of Marye’s Heights,” the Kirkland Monument is dedicated to his bravery and the memory of war.
The monument is located at Sunken Road and hopes to inspire viewers that the connections between people are more powerful than the things that divide us.
If you’re wondering what else to see in Fredericksburg, VA, this is a great stop to add to your itinerary.
Are you looking for a quick tour of all the things to do in Fredericksburg before you begin your trip?
The Trolley Tours of Fredericksburg, VA, are the perfect way to get acquainted with the town and historical sites while being transported in a historic-looking trolley.
If traveling with a large group, the trolleys are also available for rent as charters or private tours.
Video Result For Fredericksburg Va Things To Do
A summer of fun in Fredericksburg, Va., for all ages
Fredericksburg’s new FXBG Fun in ’21
12 Fun Things to Do in Fredericksburg, VA with Kids
Visit the Fredericksburg Region – Take the Scenic Route
List 10 Tourist Attractions in Fredericksburg | Travel…
Pros and Cons of Living in Fredericksburg, VA |…
Fredericksburg adds a new riverfront park downtown
StoryWalk® installed on Fredericksburg trail
Live Where You Love: Outdoor Life in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg non-profit heading to Kentucky to help…
Fredericksburg Visitor Center reopens, Restaurant Week…
What is this canal in Downtown Fredericksburg?
Fredericksburg, Virginia: 5 Things to do or eat |…
Fredericksburg says goodbye to long-time downtown auto…
Freehling Finds The Old Stone Warehouse in…
Thanks for Dropping By | Exclusive Preview Event | Fun…
Want to build a project out of wood in Fredericksburg?
Cool off this summer in Fredericksburg, Va.
Fun Land of Fredericksburg Leverages Technology and…
New dining experience opens on Kenmore Avenue in…
Check out the new FredNats stadium
A look inside Fredericksburg’s new Food Co-op
Retro video-game arcade opens in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg businesses open and ready to serve
ILM Corporation, Why Fredericksburg, VA?
Downtown Fredericksburg has new location for vintage…
Blair Ryland Lethbridge, DO – Mary Washington…
2021 in review with Freehling Finds
New Homes in Fredericksburg Virginia – Celebrate by…
Knife Center in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Don’t Miss: Things To Do Near Ashland Va
Lyndon B Johnson State Park And Historic Site
The Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site offers a look at the 36th presidents boyhood home. Guests can explore the settlement of his grandparents, and see the house where he lived during his presidential years, known as the Texas White House. The house has been restored to look as it did when LBJ was in office but tours are not available at this time.
Entrance to the historic site is free, but you need to stop at the visitors center and snag a parking permit.
Fun Things To Do In Fredericksburg Virginia
Once you step foot in the charming city of Fredericksburg, Virginia, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported back in time to the 1800s.
As the childhood home of George Washington, most of the city is dedicated to United States‘ history and preservation. Fredericksburg played a critical part throughout the colonial ages and the United States Civil War, so it is the perfect city for history buffs!
Located near the Rappahannock River, Fredericksburg isn’t limited to museums and battlefields. There are so many fun things to do in Fredericksburg, Virginia, for all types of travelers! From art galleries, outdoor activities, distilleries, and more – continue reading to learn more!
- 28 things to do
Disclosure: Destguides may receive commission for purchases made through links in this article at no cost to you.
Recommended Reading: Things To Do When Bored In Summer
Parks And Playgrounds In Fredericksburg Tx
Whether youre looking for a place to picnic or exercise or just looking for a playground where your kids can burn off some energy, Fredericksburg has several open spaces you can explore for outdoor activities.
Markplatz is located right in the center of Fredericksburg. If theres a festival or concert happening in the city, it will likely be here. Theres also a playground for children and places for a picnic.
Ladybird Johnson Municipal Park offers walking trails, a dog park and a butterfly habitat. No admission fee.
Cross Mountain Park offers hiking, picnic areas and a butterfly habitant. Elevation reaches 1,951 feet. No admission fee.
Old Fair Park offers an inclusive playground, basketball courts and a skate park. No admission fee.
+ Awesome Things To Do In Fredericksburg Tx
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and buy, TravelingMom may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Looking for a family-friendly weekend getaway in Texas? An easy drive from both San Antonio and Austin, Fredericksburg has something for everyone. If this small town in the Texas Hill Country is on your radar, youll love this list of family-friendly fun things to do in Fredericksburg Texas with kids.
You may know Fredericksburg as Texas wine country or a fun place to celebrate Oktoberfest, and you wouldnt be wrong. Long popular as a romantic getaway in a setting full of 19th century charm, Fredericksburg is surprisingly family friendly. If you want to do a wine tour or visit the local distillery, most of those venues will welcome kids too. I also recommend checking out the Fredericksburg Visitors Center in person when you get to Fredericksburg. Theres a 10 minute intro video thats free to watch, plus youll find free maps, a clean restroom and people on hand to answer your questions.
You May Like: What To Do Around Mystic Ct
Things To Do With Kids In Fredericksburg Va
- TripBuzz found 33 things to do with kids in or near Fredericksburg, Virginia, including 15 fun activities for kids in nearby cities within 25 miles like Stafford, Woodbridge and Manassas.
- From Splitsville Luxury Lanes & Dinner Lounge to Central Park Fun Land, the Fredericksburg area offers 83 different types of family activities, including: Bowling, Historic Sites, Battlefields and Historic Districts.
- Only a short 49 miles from Washington, D.C. and 58 miles from Richmond, Fredericksburg, VA has earned the motto, ‘America’s Most Historic City.’ Fredericksburg was home of the Civil War Battle of Fredericksburg and the Second Battle of Fredericksburg. There are a number of monuments, museums, and national historic sites that visitors travel from all over the country to see.
George Washingtons Ferry Farm
A great place to stop by if you are in the area is George Washingtons Ferry Farm. It was where George spent his childhood. The farm has been reconstructed to look like it did when young George lived there with his family. It is not as grand as other historic Virginia plantations but gives a fantastic glimpse into everyday life in colonial Virginia.
Kids will enjoy the grounds with active archeological digs, the geometric garden beds, and the beautiful view of the Rappahannock River.
Also Check: Fun Things To Do In Mystic Ct
Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop
Kids will also enjoy a tour of the historic Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop. The shop is like stepping back in time to the 18th century. It is set up as a combination bookstore/ museum on the first floor. You can inspect all the wonders of 18th-century medicine, such as leeches, lead paste, and other oddities.
The second floor is a beautiful example of living quarters in the colonial era.
Older kids with interest in history will enjoy this the most.
Visiting Texas During The Spring You Are In Luck
Although bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas, bloom everywhere across the state, one of the best places to find them is the Texas Hill Country. If youre traveling to Fredericksburg from San Antonio on 281, youll usually see great, thick patches alongside the highway. Wildseed Farms is also a great place to see bluebonnets and other spring wildflowers.
Bluebonnets bloom from late March to early April . More on where to find bluebonnets here.
Don’t Miss: Lunar Golf Wichita Falls
Look Over The Fredericksburg Battlefield
The Battle of Fredericksburg is considered the deadliest battle of the Civil War. The battle raged nearly 200,000 combatants, and ended with a Confederate victory. The Union Army suffered more than 12,000 casualties and withdrew across the Rappahannock River.
There is a Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center on-site and a museum and bookstore. In addition, self-guided walking and driving tours of Fredericksburg Battlefield are available at this tourist attraction.
This battlefield is one of the Fredericksburg places to visit you must visit to understand the town’s history!
Top Results For Fredericksburg Va Things To Do
The Best Things To Do In Fredericksburg, Virginia …
Copy the link and share
Things To Do In Fredericksburg Today | Eventbrite
Copy the link and share
Things To Do In Fredericksburg This Weekend | Eventbrite
Copy the link and share
33 Things To Do With Kids In Fredericksburg, VA | TripBuzz
Copy the link and share
17 Best Things To Do In Fredericksburg, VA
Copy the link and share
25 Best Things To Do In Fredericksburg, Virginia
Copy the link and share
Read Also: What To Do In The Summer When Your Bored
National Museum Of The Pacific War
The National Museum of the Pacific War is in downtown Fredericksburg. Look for the larger-than-life statue of Admiral Nimitz you cant miss it.
If youre a World War II history buff, checking out this six-acre museum complex is a no-brainer. That said, my kids arent World War II history buffs and yours probably arent, either. Dont let that stop you. Not only is the National Museum of the Pacific War an educational experience, it contains lots of interactive exhibits with cool sound effectsseeing things that go boom utterly delighted my two boys.
We spent about two hours checking things out and barely skimmed the surface. Admission: $18 adults $14 seniors $12 military w/ID $8 kids 6+ and students w/ID 5 and under free.
TravelingMom Tip:Ask about VIP tickets that grant entry to the museum for 48 hours. This allows visitor to go back and explore more history! Note that the museum is closed on Tuesdays, but the museums grounds are open daily.