Get A Thrill At Six Flags
For all of the adventurous couples out there, an afternoon at Six Flags is never a bad option.
There is something special about riding a Ferris wheel, winning a giant bulldog from the fair games, and then eating way too much funnel cake.
Bring out your inner child and connect on a roller coaster with this fun date idea in Dallas!
Best Neighborhoods In Fort Worth
Beyond Sundance Square and downtown, there are several quaint and fun neighborhoods worth a visit in For Worth. If you want a more local neighborhood, North Side is perfect. If you want to be close to many of the attractions and restaurants, the West 7th Cultural District is your best bet. If you are on a budget, the North Side will have the best accommodations at a reasonable rate.
A few of the best neighborhoods in Fort Worth that deserve a visit include:
10. Magnolia Avenue, a funky-chic neighborhood in a pocket just south of downtown near a group of hospitals, is a mix of modern restaurants, shops, and bars in an old neighborhood. Try Kent & Co Wines, 200 wines by the glass or dinner at Ellerbe Fine Foods, refined yet laid-back.
11. West 7th in Fort Worth, a five-block pedestrian-friendly urban village west of downtown features high-concept dining, local specialty fashion retailers and salons, spas, gourmet and fast-casual eateries, bars, and a movie theater. Try Terra Mediterranean Grill, Glorias Latin Cuisine or El Bolero Crockett Row.
12.Elizabeth Boulevard, the Silk-Stocking Row of the 1920s, named after the wife of its developer John Ryan, was the citys first Historic District and was added to the National Register in 1979.
Take A Day Trip To Dallas
Do you want to know the fastest way to tick off the locals? Just refer to Fort Worth as Dallas!
Yup- theres a friendly rivalry between the two cities. But the truth is, Dallas and Forth Worth are essentially neighbors. If youre short on time, or travelling through Texas on a road trip, its always a good idea to book an activity that will cover all the best sights in just one day.
In fact, most combo tours make stops across major attractions such as the Founders Plaza, Pioneer Plaza, and the Old Red Courthouse. Youll also get to explore the worlds biggest Art District in downtown Dallas. Everythings narrated by a professional guide.
- Entrance fee: Free
Don’t Miss: Unique Things To Do In Switzerland
Stop For A Quick Brew At Deep Ellum Brewing Company
If you dont mind a craft beer now and then, not to mention live music in a cute garden, youre bound to fall in love with the Deep Ellum Brewing Company.
After tasting the Blind Lemon seltzer, Dallas Blonde American Blonde Ale, or Play Date American Sour Blonde Ale , definitely consider the behind-the-scenes brewery tour!
While a day drink can never go astray, locals say that the best time to visit this watering hole is at night, when the electric atmosphere really comes alive.
Date Nights For The Music Enthusiast
We all know that Austin is the music capital of Texas, but Dallas offers so many beautiful locations that we can enjoy watching local and international bands. These are some of the go-to places for all music lovers.
35. Dallas Symphony Orchestra Dress up and have a relaxing night at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, a world-class orchestra performing in one of the worlds finest concert halls located in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. It will be a night to remember.
36. Off the Record Craft Beer & Vinyl Something different and cool, Off the Record is a funky bar & record store, offering craft beers & a selection of vinyl records for sale.
37. Watch a Concert at American Airlines Center The place to be if you wanted to watch a great show, AA Center is not just for sports, but it is also a venue for big-name celebrity concerts. It is one of the busiest arenas in the world, so check out whos coming to the city and grab your tickets for a memorable evening with your loved ones.
38. Sons of Herman Hall Step inside and find a neighborhood bar, upstairs ballroom, and former bowling alley. Catch the latest musical acts, join a weekly campfire jam, even learn to swing dance, all at this historic Deep Ellum venue.
39. Listen to Jazz at Twilight Lounge Did you want a chill night and a cozy place to hang out with your lovey? Head down to Twilight Lounge, a perfect location to chill and listen to some jazz music. Simple, classy and romantic.
Recommended Reading: Best Things To Do In Lake Garda
More Fun Things To Do In Fort Worth
37. AT& T Cowboys Stadium in nearby Arlington is home to The Dallas Cowboys and select college football games, rodeos, supercross events and more.
38. The new Globe Life Field, the domed Texas Rangers ballpark is scheduled to open the season March 2020 in nearby Arlington.
39. Texas Motor Speedway in north Fort Worth houses the NASCAR, AAA Texas 500, Texas Sprint Car Nationals and the Monster Energy Series racing.
40.The New Sinclair, Autograph Collection Marriott Hotel downtown features high-tech innovations in its 164 guest rooms and a 2-story penthouse suite with Kohler digital showers, LG wallpaper TVs, and Savvy Electric mirrors. Feast on steaks and seafood at the Wicked Butcher and indulge in cocktails and small plates at the 17th Floor Rooftop Bar.
41. The Ball-Eddleman-McFarland House built in 1899 on Penn Street is Fort Worths premier example of Queen Anne-style Victorian architecture with turrets, gables, copper finials and a slate tile roof.
42. Bet a quinella at Lone Star Park, a Class I thoroughbred and quarter horse racetrack with seasonal live and simulcast horse racing 7 days a week just east of Fort Worth in Grand Prairie.
43. A perfect wedding and reception venue, the Fort Worth Masonic Temple, home to four Craft Lodges and several Masonic appendant bodies and organizations in Tarrant County was built just west of downtown in 1932.
TCU Texas Christian University Address: 2800 S University Dr
Dont Want To Head Out Try Indoor Skydiving
Hurling yourself out of a plane from 14,000 feet in the air can be overwhelming, to say the least thankfully, the friendly folk at iFly Dallas have come with a solution.
In simple terms, indoor skydiving uses a 14-foot-tall wind tunnel system that mimics the thrill of freefall.
Its all the adrenaline of a jump with the comfort of a confined and controlled space.
Recommended Reading: Fun Things To Do In Glendale Az
Spend The Night At The Magnificent Magnolia Hotel
Considered one of the premier accommodation options in Dallas, the 29-story-tall Magnolia sits a stones throw from dozens of Downtowns must-see attractions.
As the citys first skyscraper, its teeming with history and is made up of plenty of eye-catching fittings and furnishings.
All suites are charming yet full of modern amenities while remaining relatively budget-friendly with most rooms also equipped with a living room and a kitchen space.
Sid Richardson Museum Fort Worth Tx
Located in the historic Sundance Square, the Sid Richardson Museum features a collection of permanent and special exhibitions of paintings from the American West, including works by premier Western artists such as Charles M. Russell and Frederic Remington. Opened in 1982 to celebrate the extensive collection of Sid Richardson, the museum aims to inspire, educate, and engage audiences through exceptional works that reflect both the romance and reality of the American West.
Other featured artists of the collection include Edwin W. Deming, Peter Hurd, Frank Tenney Johnson, and Peter Moran. The museum welcomes over 40,000, visitors annually, and admission to the museum is free.
309 Main St., Fort Worth, TX, Phone: 817-332-6554
Free things to do near me known for tourists & historical must see attractions for adults in April, May, June, July, August, January, February, March, restaurants that deliver, take-out, drive-thru, swimming, last minute day trips, coast, lake, reservoir, kayaking near me, glamping, diner, kitchen, suite, public parks, outdoor activities near me, places to get married: Anaheim, Things to Do in Vermont, Hawaii resorts, OH, Northern CA beaches, Holland, MI, Galveston, Ellensburg WA, Encinitas, LA, ME, MD, MI, Canada, ID, DE, MD Islands, FL
Recommended Reading: Things To Do In Puyallup
Best Hikes In Fort Worth
22. Fort Worth has numerous walking trails and hikes. Some of the most popular hikes are at Fort Worths Nature Center and Refuge. The Cross Timbers Trail is a three-mile round trip hike that takes you past the Trinity River and then to Western Cross Timber Forest, one of the oldest woodlands in Texas.
Another great option is Marion Sansom Park Trail where there are various hikes for all skill levels. Eagle Mountain Lake is another great trail for hikers of all skill levels. The trail system is about five miles long and takes hikers to the lake.
Shop Eat And Dance The Night Away In Sundance Square
If youre looking to let loose and knock back a few drinks in Fort Worth, find your way to Sundance Square in the evening.
The 35-block residential and entertainment district is abuzz with restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. And yes, the square was named after the Sundance Kid. Its a great people-watching spot!
Also Check: Family Things To Do In Charlotte Nc This Weekend
Marvel At Vintage Aircraft
The Vintage Flying Museum is a former hangar that has just about everything for aviation junkies! Yes, its on the smaller side, and yes, its not a classic museum as such, but this charming little place houses an impressive fleet of vintage aircraft.
This venue describes itself as a working museum mainly because the planes are kept in working condition! The place holds regular demonstrations and shows throughout the year. Its also completely staffed by volunteers.
Additionally, the Vintage Flying Museum hosts various aviation-related activities such as Ride Days where youll get to fly in one of the aeroplanes!
- Entrance fee: $12
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m , 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. , 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Address: 505 NW 38th St # 33S, Fort Worth
Why stay in a naff hotel when you can stay in a cosy, stylish local house instead? And for half the money too!
Stay somewhere EPIC and save your hard-earned dollars from houses to barns to castles and caves, there is an Airbnb for every occasion!
Fort Worth Botanic Garden
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden covers 109 acres and remains open all year. It counts as one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. It is the oldest botanical garden located in Texas. It has 23 different gardens and over 2,500 types of plants. They have adult educational workshops, so if your partner has a green thumb, you need to take them there.
Also Check: Things To Do In Marquette County Wi
Romantic And Candlelight Dinners
If you happen to have someone to babysit the kids, then find a restaurant that offers candlelight or a romantic dim light dinner and enjoy uninterrupted time with your loved one .
Listed below are few of the most romantic restaurants for Date Nights in Dallas and DFW.
1. The Mansion Restaurant at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
One of the most romantic restaurants for a Date night in Dallas, The Mansion restaurant which is tucked inside the iconic Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek hotel has remained to captivate guests for more than 35 years.
2. Fearings Try Chef Dean Fearings splashy Southwestern destination with a celebrated bar in the luxe Ritz-Carlton. It wont disappoint your eyes and taste buds.
3. Flemings a huge favorite and a great romantic vibe. Perfect for a date night in Plano.
4. Bullion French cuisine from a highly acclaimed chef, Bruno Davaillo will surely create an unforgettable dining experience with your loved ones. This should be a date night must-try restaurant.
5. The French Room According to Food & Wine magazine, this is Texas most romantic restaurant. It is a fine-dining spot which is located inside Dallas Adolphus Hotel. A favorite of Dallasites, it has recently been renovated and it will not disappoint you too. Go early, hungry, and enjoy some peace and unique experience with your partner
9. Couples Massage at The Four Seasons What better way could there be to spend some R& R time together than getting a couples massage?
Visit The Texas Civil War Museum
The Texas Civil War Museum is in a suburb of Fort Worth. With three large galleries, its the largest Civil War museum in the West.
Currently, it features military paraphernalia, flags, and a Victorian dress collection.
In keeping with the theme, the gift shop is split down the middle with Union items on one side and Confederate souvenirs on the other.
People thinking about visiting the museum should be aware that it presents the war as a sectional crisis over states rights and not slavery.
Also Check: Fun Family Things To Do In Fort Myers Florida
Texas Trail Hall Of Fame
While exploring the Stockyards, you will probably notice bronze markers outlining the achievements of different individuals. This is the Texas Trail Hall of Fame.
Celebrating Texas heritage, this is a great way to learn about the western culture that helped shape this area. The markers are interesting in themselves as they are modeled after a frontier marshalls badge.
Choose Red Or Black At The Winstar World Casino And Resort
An amalgamation of bright lights, bottomless drinks, and non-stop entertainment, WinStar boasts over 500,000 square feet of gaming space, including 8,500 of the top electronic games, 55 poker tables, and 101 table games, not to mention the regular bingo competitions.
Even if gambling isnt your cup of tea, the resort still offers a host of concerts, restaurants, a swim-up bar, two lavish spas, and a splendid golf course.
Also Check: Fun Things To Do In Denmark
Check Out Glassblowing At Sinaca Studios
A true crowd-pleaser and a unique date-night option is the wonderful SiNaCa Studios. Housed in a nifty, eye-catching building, this non-profit organization showcases the enchanting activity of glassblowing and displays every step of the intriguing process. SiNaCa Studios is a fun and engaging way to spend time with someone youve just met or a special someone youve known forever. Entertaining and educational, a trip to this one-of-a-kind studio is a date night you wont forget.
Opening hours: Tue – Sat: 10am – 9pm
Meet The Tigers At The Dallas Zoo
While Dallas World Aquarium focuses more on marine life, if you want to get to know some of the more impressive land-based animals, the Dallas Zoo is your best bet.
Covering a whopping 106 acres with 406 species and thousands of animals all up, the zoo presents as a perfect day-long activity especially if traveling with kids.
Hot tip: make sure to arrive early for your best chance of seeing the animals active and playful, as a lot of the animals will sleep as the day gets hotter.
Recommended Reading: Fun Things To Do In Evansville
Sundance Square Fort Worth Texas
Spanning 35 blocks in Downtown Fort Worth, Sundance Square is one of the finest entertainment and shopping districts in the Southwest. Made up of over 40 buildings both modern and historic that house an array of entertainment, retail, and dining venues, the Square offers myriad things to see and do, from enjoying casual coffee in a sunny courtyard to fine dining in an elegant restaurant.
Home to a range of museums and art galleries, the Square also allows visitors to enjoy live music, live theater, and other outdoor and indoor events that are held there throughout the year. Sundance Square also offers a range of business and hospitality services, including financial, health, and personal services.
You are reading “What is There to Do with Kids in Fort Worth, Texas” Back to Top or More tourism, attractions for couples, food, things to see near me today
Top things to see near me, beaches, cruises, parks near me, underrated tourist attractions downtown, travel blog, attractions, places near me right now, things to do near me, vacations, resorts near me, family weekend breaks, mountains, open now, tonight, breakfast near me, affordable rental, kids activities near me, campgrounds near me: Catskills, Pink Sand beaches, Best Places to Visit, Bar Harbor, Destin, Minneapolis, Jacksonville, Wedding, Key West, Nashville, AZ, From LA
Thanks For Reading That Was Fun
We bring you epic FREE content!Find out how YOU can help support us.
Were a big site with a big team and this job isnt always easy. But we do it because we love it we love providing epic and free content. We love the knowledge that our content keeps you adventuring. We dont ask for money, but if youd like to find out how you can help the site in more organic ways, click the button below. Thank you for your support
Recommended Reading: Fun Things To Do In Syracuse
Flight Deck Trampoline Park
For the ultimate in family fun, drop into Flight Deck Trampoline Park! Or should I say, bounce your way in! The trampoline park is a massive indoor court made up of connecting trampolines, where kids can have the greatest of fun ducking and diving on dodge ball courts or soaring into huge foam pits. For the younger members of the family there is also what is known as the safe zone, so everyone gets to have safe fun, whatever age. Great exercise and super enjoyment for all!